In our previous post on the benefits of premarital counseling, we mentioned some excellent books that many couples read together to improve their marriages. Today, we’re going to look at 15 of the top Biblical Premarital Counseling Books that offer much-needed truth for couples considering marriage.
Here are the best resources that go hand in hand with this guide. (Available on Amazon- We recommend Kindle as the best way to read books-Start a 30-day free trial here)
- Preparing for Marriage Couples Guide
- Preparing for Marriage Leaders Guide
- The Meaning of Marriage-Timothy Keller
- Devotions for Engaged Couples- Gary Thomas
Not sure where to start with a premarital counseling conversation, start here or start a Happily Ever After Wedding registry, find inspiration & ideas on Amazon.
Top 15 Premarital Counseling Books For Christian Couples
The following books were written by Christians as a way to help those considering marriage to understand what is involved in the process, both for them individually and their spouses together.
- Preparing for Marriage” by Dennis Rainey
- Things I Wish I’d Known Before We Got Married by Gary Chapman
- Getting Ready for Marriage Workbook By Jim Burns
- Tying the Knot: A Premarital Guide to a Strong and Lasting Marriage By Rob Green
- Questions for Couples By Marcus Kusi
- Saving Your Marriage Before It Starts Workbook by Les Parrott
- Easy Marriage Counseling by Emelie A. Blank, MA, LPC
- Building a Ridiculously Great Marriage By Gil Stieglitz
- Before You Plan Your Wedding . . . Plan Your Marriage by Dr. Greg Smalley
- Christian Counseling by Gary R Collins PH.D.
- The Marriage Counseling Workbook By Emily Cook PhD LCMFT
- Preparing for Marriage Gods Way By Wayne A. Mack
- Before You Tie The Knot: A Premarital Counseling Workbook for the D.I.Y. Couple by Angela B. Chester
- I Hear You: The Surprisingly Simple Skill Behind Extraordinary Relationships By Michael S. Sorensen
- Right from the Start by Lisa Frisbie
By far the best premarital counseling book we have read is “Preparing for Marriage” by Dennis Rainey a great workbook with 256 pages of pure wisdom. Dennis has put a lot of thought into what it takes to start a marriage well. This book has been found by many to be one of the most helpful premarital counseling books.
Preparing for Marriage is a dynamic, comprehensive program designed to help you prepare for life together after the cake is cut and the guests head home. With 14 sessions each highlighting one important area of marriage preparation, the Preparing for Marriage book covers everything from getting out of debt to spiritual disciplines required in building your marriage as a team.
To get through the premarital counseling sessions, couples must each set aside two hours per week for 3 months. Sometimes the sessions can take longer read here to know why.
If you’re reading the book “Preparing for Marriage”, consider adding these fifteen others books to your list of resources.
Reasons You Should Read A Christian Premarital Book Before Marriage
- Premarital Counseling books are one of the best ways for a Christian couple considering marriage to gain knowledge on what their life will be like as husband and wife, without actually having married yet.
- Another reason why we read premarital counseling book is that they provide a lot of wisdom that can help us build our marriage.
- Premarital Counseling books offer fantastic advice on how to protect, strengthen and grow your relationship with the person you have chosen as your spouse before even walking down the aisle or getting hitched in some other way.
- We also recommend Premarital Counseling books for Christians because they are based on Biblical principles which will guide couples through their journey from dating to married life.
- Premarital Counseling books for Christians teach couples how to build a marriage that lasts and doesn’t just end in divorce.
- Pre marital counseling books are also used by pastors, counselors, and other Christian leaders. Who want to provide the best possible advice to their congregation on premarital relationships as well as marital ones
Conclusion: Premarital Counseling Books For Christian Couples
As I conclude this article, let me say that Premarital Counseling is essential to any Christian couple considering marriage.
Premarital Counseling books are a great way to prepare for marriage or help you when you are married. Premarital counseling is also used by other leaders like pastors, counselors, and religious leaders who want to provide the best possible advice on premarital relationships as well as marital ones.
I hope that Christian couples have found this article helpful. If you wish to skyrocket your relationship you can check out our top articles on relationships and dating.