Baby dedication is a formal ceremony in which parents formally and publicly declare their commitment to the spiritual, moral, and social development of their baby. This can be done by making a promise to raise them in the ways of the Lord with a commitment to prepare them well for their future.
This can be done at any age throughout the baby’s first ten years, and after the kid reaches the age of ten we begin to think about his/her baptism. The ceremony is not legally binding, but it does provide an opportunity for parents to make promises that will help guide decisions about how they will raise a baby.
Traditionally these vows are made before God or another higher being, often with family members present as witnesses who remind the parents of this oath when life gets tough later on.
Here are our top 5 recommended physical Bibles.
- Thinline Bible- Premium Goatskin Leather (Expensive)
- Every Man’s Bible NIV ( Best For Men)
- The Woman’s Study Bible (Beautiful for Women)
- Bible for Kids (With color)
- ESV Single Column Journaling Bible
All this bible can be found on Amazon check for the latest prices.
Best baby dedication gift;
Dedication commitment forms
“Train up a child in the way he should go; even when he is old he will not depart from it.”–Proverbs 22:6
I, ___________ , promise before God and these witnesses to commit myself afresh each day to the spiritual development of baby ___________ . I will foster his/her trust in God as he/she grows through prayer, meditation on scripture, attitude of gratitude, active participation in church life.
(Parent/Guardian’s Signature) (Date)
I affirm this baby dedication before God and you to lovingly guide baby through all the days of its life. I ask God to bless this baby with faith, hope, love, joy, strength, and courage to live a life of purpose. I promise baby will receive the word of God through the Bible, other inspired texts, fellowship with Christian believers, and prayer. ________________ baby will be baptized at __________ , in the year of our Lord 20__
(Parent/Guardian’s Signature) (Date)
Although baby dedication is not legally binding , it does provide an opportunity for parents to make promises that will help guide decisions about how they will raise their children. In baby dedication, parents promise to give baby a spiritual foundation.
Related Post: 20 Prayers for Healing Marriage
Baby Dedication Vows
Parents will publicly declare their commitment to raising baby in whatever faith is meaningful to them, and commit to being role models for their child’s spiritual development.
They promise to help guide the baby in developing a moral framework and decision-making guidelines that will give him or her the tools to know what is right and wrong.
Here are some common vows;
VOW #1 Do you promise to devote all of your efforts toward establishing a meaningful relationship with God by relying on the completed, saving work of Jesus Christ and the Holy Spirit to lead and guide your life, knowing that the lifestyle you model will have an impact on your children more than what you say? Say “I do” if this is the case.
VOW #2 Do you promise to commit yourself to providing an environment where the baby can develop his/her unique God-given gifts and talents through modeling, training, and education? Say “I do” if this is the case.
VOW #3 Do you promise to devote intentional time with your baby in prayer, reading the Bible, church attendance, private devotionals, or baby outreach? Say “I do” if this is the case.
VOW #4 Do you promise to model healthy, God-honoring relationships by loving your partner as Christ loved the church and dying to self for him/her? Say “I do” if this is the case.
VOW #5 Do you promise to commit yourself to modeling healthy romantic relationships, abstaining from lust, pornography, infidelity, or any other types of sexual immorality? Say “I do” if this is the case.
There are many special vows parents can make as part of their baby dedication ceremony. Parents may wish to thank God for providing them with this beautiful child and promise to do everything they can to teach him/her about the world and ways of living in it.
They may also wish to promise that they will always see their little one as a gift from God that whom they are entrusted with.
Parents may also promise to provide the material necessities for their child, but remind him/her that what’s most important is to give love, affection and guidance throughout his or her earliest years. They can promise to guide baby in learning about God and how he/she should live his/her life.
Parents may also thank their child’s grandparents and other family members for helping to bring baby into the world and promise that they will encourage a close relationship with them throughout his/her childhood. Parents can also urge their little ones to think about how he or she should treat others, whether it is in playing, relationships or work life.
Related Post: New Parents Advice that’s worth your time
Bible verse for baby dedication
- Proverbs 22:6 “Train up a child in the way he should go; even when he is old he will not depart from it.”
- 1 Samuel 1:11 And she made a vow, saying, “Lord Almighty, if you will only look on your servant’s misery and remember me, and not forget your servant but give her a son, then I will give him to the Lord for all the days of his life, and no razor will ever be used on his head.”
- Deuteronomy 6:5-7 “Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your strength. 6 These commandments that I give you today are to be on your hearts. 7 Impress them on your children. Talk about them when you sit at home and when you walk along the road, when you lie down and when you get up.”
- Matthew 19:14 “Jesus said, “Let the little children come to me, and do not hinder them, for the kingdom of heaven belongs to such as these.” 15 When he had placed his hands on them, he went on from there.
- Ephesians 6:4 Fathers, do not exasperate your children; instead, bring them up in the training and instruction of the Lord.
- Proverbs 13:24 Whoever spares the rod hates their children, but the one who loves their children is careful to discipline them.
- 2 Timothy 3:14-15 But as for you, continue in what you have learned and have become convinced of, because you know those from whom you learned it, 15 and how from infancy you have known the Holy Scriptures, which are able to make you wise for salvation through faith in Christ Jesus.
- Colossians 3:21 Fathers, do not embitter your children, or they will become discouraged.
- Proverbs 29:15 A rod and a reprimand impart wisdom, but a child left undisciplined disgraces its mother.
- 2 Timothy 2:15 Do your best to present yourself to God as one approved, a worker who does not need to be ashamed and who correctly handles the word of truth.
Message for baby dedication
A baby dedication message is a special speech given by the parents to their child. The purpose of which is to officially declare the parents’ commitment to the spiritual, moral, and social development of their child.
Here are some messages for this:
- You were born to make me laugh and cry, and I’m so glad that God chose me to be your mommy. We’re going to have a wonderful life together. I’ll love you with all my heart as we grow up into the best people we know how to be. No matter what comes, I will always be here for you.
- I’m so excited that God has blessed us with our sweet baby. I promise to be the best mommy possible! I want to provide a safe and happy home for you, full of love and laughter. I give you my solemn vow to do all within my power to encourage you in your life, support you in your choices, and keep you from harm. I love you with all my heart!
- I really don’t have any words to say right now other than I’m sure happy that I get to be a part of your life! You’re going to grow up into an amazing person. I hope that when grandma says something bad about you, I can say, “Hey- that’s my kid!”
- We’re blessed to be parents of the cutest baby in the world! We promise to train you up in God’s word and provide a loving home for you. And someday when we’ve got grandchildren running around here, they might get into some trouble for saying bad things about their grandma, but we’ll know who they’re really talking about! I love you with all my heart.
- My dear little child, my love for you has no beginning and it will have no end – God put us together when I became your mommy. You are the most perfect thing in this world.
Final thoughts: Baby dedication Vows
In conclusion, it is very important to recognize the baby’s dedication as a special time in your life. This is a time to reflect on what you want for your child and how you will achieve those goals. It is also an opportunity for family and friends to share their blessing and love with you as you embark on this adventure of parenthood.
Be sure that your promises will help you to get through all the difficulties that await you, and always remember that your children came into this world with nothing. It is up to you to give them everything they will need in life.
Thank you for reading my article! If you liked it, please leave a comment, and don’t forget to like and share it with friends!