If you are wondering what the bible says about dating and relationships before marriage, then you have come to the right place. Either you are dating, courting, or preparing for marriage then these bible verses are for you. If your dating your boyfriend and are having trouble we have a section where we share the best bible verses about fixing a relationship.
There are several verses that talk about relationships in the bible. I have researched and organized these amazing scriptures to help you make the best choice in your love dating experience. You can use these Bible Verses to build your relationship by making your dating experience more spiritual.
What is the best Bible verse about relationships and dating? If I am to summarize I will say that the best bible verse about relationships and dating are: Amos 3:3, Psalm 127:1-2, Ephesians 4:2, Matthew 6:33, 1 Corinthians 13:4-7, 2 Corinthian 6:14-15, 1 Peter 4:8, Proverbs 4:23, these verses will help you put a firm foundation, develop your relationship and help you make the right choice as you think about the next step into marriage.
Here are our top 5 recommended physical Bibles.
- Thinline Bible- Premium Goatskin Leather (Expensive)
- Every Man’s Bible NIV ( Best For Men)
- The Woman’s Study Bible (Beautiful for Women)
- Bible for Kids (With color)
- ESV Single Column Journaling Bible
All this bible can be found on Amazon check for the latest prices.
Related Post: The best 36 Bible Verses about goals and dreams
As a pastor and relationship coach, I have used these bible verses to help many couples navigate their dating issues and plan better before marriage. Most of these scriptures will help you improve your communication, commitments, set boundaries, and gives you a better way to deal with conflicts.
Looking for a proven method to attract men, check out these 15 proven methods that will get you any man.
Every dating or rather any relationship goes through three different phases. I have categorized these verses into three categories. This will help you understand better how and where to apply this bible verse in your relationship.
The three phase of relationships and dating, are…
- Foundation in your relationship
- Developing your relationship
- The next step in your relationship
Related Post: 20 Valuable Christian Advice that’s worth your time
Relationships and dating
By far the best Bible Verse About relationships and dating is Amos 3:3 and 2 corinthians 6:14-15 which says;
Do two people walk hand in hand if they aren’t going to the same place?Amos 3:3 (MSG)
14Do not be unequally yoked with unbelievers. For what partnership can righteousness have with wickedness? Or what fellowship does light have with darkness? 15What harmony is there between Christ and Belial? Or what does a believer have in common with an unbeliever?…2 Corinthians 6:14-15
These bible verses show us that God desires our relationships to be united. We need to be walking in the same direction if we want God in our dating experience.
A godly relationship has a godly unity.
These verses will also help you evaluate if you’re on the same page with your partner in the relationship.
This post contains an affiliate link we might get a small fee when you purchase through our link with no extra charge on your end. Thank you.
The next five verses will help build a better foundation for your relationship. Let your dating experience be built on a firm foundation by making these Bible Verses a priority.
Love only works in first place, putting your relationship with God will help you set a good pace for your dating experience. When we put God as a priority God ensures that everything else works out for our good.
When we focus on loving a perfect God, God helps us to love our imperfect partner better.
Let’s look at the first one: Foundation.
Foundation in a dating relationship.
Foundation is very important in any relationship. If you build your foundation well then you and your partner can survive the challenges of relationships. Consider what the bible says about a firm foundation in Matthew 7:24
24 “Therefore everyone who hears these words of mine and puts them into practice is like a wise man who built his house on the rock. 25 The rain came down, the streams rose, and the winds blew and beat against that house; yet it did not fall, because it had its foundation on the rock.
26 But everyone who hears these words of mine and does not put them into practice is like a foolish man who built his house on sand. 27 The rain came down, the streams rose, and the winds blew and beat against that house, and it fell with a great crash.”Matthew 7:24-27
Christian couples know that the first thing to do in a relationship is to love God with everything we have so that we can love others as we love ourselves. We highly recommend a couple to evaluate their relationship against this bible verse.
But seek first his kingdom and his righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well.
1 Unless the Lord builds the house, those who build it labor in vain. Unless the Lord watches over the city, the watchman stays awake in vain. 2 It is in vain that you rise up early and go late to rest, eating the bread of anxious toil; for he gives to his beloved sleep.
“Again, truly I tell you that if two of you on earth agree about anything they ask for, it will be done for them by my Father in heaven.
4. 1 John 1:6
If we say we have fellowship with Him yet walk in the darkness, we lie and do not practice the truth.
These first 4 Bible Verse shows us that the best way to date is to have a good foundation. A good foundation is built by putting God as a priority in your dating.
Bible verses about fixing or repairing relationships
A lot is required to fix a broken relationship. As you continue consulting with God may this bible verses speak to your heart today.
- Ephesians 4:2 “Always be humble and gentle. Be patient with each other, making allowance for each other’s faults because of your love.”
- 1 Peter 4:8 “Above all, love each other deeply, because love covers over a multitude of sins.”
- Matthew 18:21-22 “Then came Peter to him, and said, Lord, how oft shall my brother sin against me, and I forgive him? till seven times? Jesus saith unto him, I say not unto thee, Until seven times: but, Until seventy times seven.
- James 1:19 “Understand this, my dear brothers and sisters: You must all be quick to listen, slow to speak, and slow to get angry.”
- 1 Corinthians 13:4 “Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It is not rude, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth.”
Boundaries in a dating relationship
- Proverbs 4:23 “Above all else, guard your heart, for everything you do flows from it.”
- Proverbs 25:28 ” 28 A man without self-control is like a city broken into and left without walls.”
- 1 Corinthians 6:18 18 Flee from sexual immorality. All other sins a person commits are outside the body, but whoever sins sexually, sins against their own body.
- Song of Solomon 3:7b … Do not arouse or awaken love until it so desires.
- Romans 12:9-10 “Love must be sincere. Hate what is evil; cling to what is good. 10 Be devoted to one another in love. Honor one another above yourselves.”
- 1 Thessalonians 4:3-8 “It is God’s will that you should be sanctified: that you should avoid sexual immorality; 4 that each of you should learn to control your own body in a way that is holy and honorable, 5 not in passionate lust like the pagans, who do not know God; 6 and that in this matter no one should wrong or take advantage of a brother or sister.[b] The Lord will punish all those who commit such sins, as we told you and warned you before. 7 For God did not call us to be impure, but to live a holy life. 8 Therefore, anyone who rejects this instruction does not reject a human being but God, the very God who gives you his Holy Spirit.
- Ephesians 5:3-4 ” But among you, there must not be even a hint of sexual immorality, or of any kind of impurity, or of greed, because these are improper for God’s holy people. 4 Nor should there be obscenity, foolish talk, or coarse joking, which are out of place, but rather thanksgiving.
- 1 Thessalonians 4:4-5 4 that each of you should learn to control your own body[a] in a way that is holy and honorable, 5 not in passionate lust like the pagans, who do not know God”
- 1 Corinthians 6:20 “you were bought at a price. Therefore honor God with your bodies.”
- 1 corinthians 15:33 “Do not be deceived: “Bad company ruins good morals.”
I think what makes a good relationship is a solid commitment to God and to each other. As you continue growing in your relationship make sure you evaluate regularly to see if you are on track with your partner.
May these bible verses about relationship and dating help you grow better and closer to God together. If you are ready to take the next step check out these post to help you plan better.
- How do you know if you should marry someone?
- 14 Benefits of premarital counseling
- How to date someone with a kid.
Short prayer:For relationship.
Father thank you for the person reading this, may you open their eyes to see what you desire for their relationship. As they take your word and put it into practise would you course a new joy and clarity in their dating relationship. Please Lord reveal to them if this is the right person for marriage.
I pray this short prayer for your Glory and for their joy in Jesus name. Amen.