The beauty of new seasons is the opportunity to set new goals. If you are like me, new seasons come with new dreams. I usually want to use scripture to set my goals and evaluate my dreams. In this post, I will share Bible verses about goals and dreams that I personally use. I will also share how to set goals and what to do while waiting for your goals to come true.
If this is what you’re looking for then this post is for you. These bible verses will give you a biblical goal-setting principle that will work as a framework for your new goal-setting agenda.
By far the best bible verses about goals and dreams are Proverbs 20:4, May he give you the desire of your heart and make all your plans succeed. Proverbs 19:21 Many plans are in a man’s heart, but the purpose of the LORD will prevail. This is my go-to verse when am setting new goals, it encourages me to dream big and trust God that he is faithful to give me the desire of my heart.
Related Post: 50 Bible Verses for anxiety to calm your spirit
Before setting goals
Let this bible verses about goals and dreams motivate you to set God centered goals. Before you start planning and setting goals remember to consult with God. You can do this by reading His word and prayer. Remember You can make many plans, but the LORD’s purpose is the one that will prevail according to Proverbs 19:21.
As you look through the scripture you will realize that God already knows what’s best for you. Allowing Him to guide your thought and heart will help you align with His will.
Consider these bible verse before you start setting your goals.
- Proverbs 19:21 Many plans are in a man’s heart, but the purpose of the LORD will prevail.
- Ecclesiastes 11:4 Whoever watches the wind will not plant; whoever looks at the clouds will not reap.
- Proverbs 16:9 A man’s heart plans his course, but the LORD determines his steps.
- Jeremiah 29:11 For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, saith the LORD, thoughts of peace, and not of evil, to give you an expected end.
- Psalm 33:11 The counsel of the LORD stands forever, the purposes of His heart to all generations.
- Psalm 143:10 Teach me to do your will; for you are my God: your spirit is good; lead me into the land of uprightness.
- Proverbs 21:5 Plan carefully and you will have plenty; if you act too quickly, you will never have enough.
- Isaiah 32:8 But a nobleman makes honorable plans; he stands up for worthy causes.
- Luke 14:28 “Suppose one of you wants to build a tower. Won’t you first sit down and estimate the cost to see if you have enough money to complete it? 29 For if you lay the foundation and are not able to finish it, everyone who sees it will ridicule you, 30 saying, ‘This person began to build and wasn’t able to finish.’
- Psalm 2:8 I will proclaim the decree of the LORD: He said to me, “You are my Son; today I have become your Father. Ask of me, and I will make the nations your inheritance, the ends of the earth your possession. You will rule them with an iron scepter; you will dash them to pieces like pottery.”
- Isaiah 30:1 “Woe to the rebellious children,” declares the LORD, “to those who carry out a plan that is not Mine, who form an alliance, but against My will, heaping up sin upon sin.
- Proverbs 24:27 Put your outdoor work in order and get your fields ready; after that, build your house.
- Proverbs 29:18b Where there is no vision, the people perish:
- Ephesians 2:10 “For we are God’s masterpiece. He has created us anew in Christ Jesus, so we can do the good things he planned for us long ago.”
- Proverbs 6:6-8 Go to the ant, you sluggard; consider its ways and be wise! 7 It has no commander, no overseer or ruler, 8 yet it stores its provisions in summer and gathers its food at harvest.
- Matthew 7:7-8 7 “Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you. 8 For everyone who asks receives; the one who seeks finds; and to the one who knocks, the door will be opened.
Now that you have prayed and process you can go ahead and use the next set of scriptures to write down your goals and dreams.
In the process of Setting goals
After you have consulted with God, prayed about your goals now it’s time to submit them to Him. Proverbs 16:3 Commit to the Lord whatever you do, and he will establish your plans.
Let this verse guide you on how to submit your plans to God.
- 2 Chronicles 15:7 ” 7 But as for you, be strong and do not give up, for your work will be rewarded.”
- Isaiah 54:2 “Enlarge the place of your tent, stretch your tent curtains wide, do not hold back; lengthen your cords, strengthen your stakes.
- Psalms 37:4-5 Take delight in the LORD, and he will give you the desires of your heart. Commit your way to the LORD; trust in him and he will do this…
- Psalm 127 Unless the LORD builds the house, its builders labor in vain. Unless the LORD watches over the city, the watchmen stand guard in vain. In vain you rise early and stay up late, toiling for food to eat– for he grants sleep to those he loves. Sons are a heritage from the LORD, children a reward from him.
- Proverbs 3:5-6 Trust in the Lord with all your heart, And lean not on your own understanding; In all your ways acknowledge Him, And He shall direct your paths.
- Ecclesiastes 7:8 Better is the end of a thing than its beginning, and the patient in spirit is better than the proud in spirit
- James 4:13-15 13 Now listen, you who say, “Today or tomorrow we will go to this or that city, spend a year there, carry on business and make money.”14 Why, you do not even know what will happen tomorrow. What is your life? You are a mist that appears for a little while and then vanishes. 15 Instead, you ought to say, “If it is the Lord’s will, we will live and do this or that.”
- 2 Corinthians 8:11-12 Now finish the work, so that your eager willingness to do it may be matched by your completion of it, according to your means. 12 For if the willingness is there, the gift is acceptable according to what one has, not according to what one does not have.
- Matthew 6:33 But seek first his kingdom and his righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well.
- Philippians 4:13 13 I can do all this through him who gives me strength.
- Ecclesiastes 9:10 Whatever your hand finds to do, do it with your might; for there is no work or device or knowledge or wisdom in the grave where you are going.
Waiting for the goals, dreams, and plans to come true
These bible verses about goals and dreams should guide you on your goal setting. As you wait for your dreams to come true, I want you to remember this promise in Habakkuk 2:2, Then the Lord answered me and said,
“Write the vision And engrave it plainly on [clay] tablets
So that the one who reads it will run.
3 “For the vision is yet for the appointed [future] time
It hurries toward the goal [of fulfillment]; it will not fail.
Even though it delays, wait [patiently] for it,
Because it will certainly come; it will not delay.
- Proverbs 15:22 Plans fail for lack of counsel, but with many advisers, they succeed.
- Romans 8:28 28 And we know that all things work together for good to those who love God, to those who are the called according to His purpose.
- Philippians 4:6-7 6 Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. 7 And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.
- Philippians 3:14 “I press on toward the goal to win the prize for which God has called me heavenward in Christ Jesus.”
- Isaiah 41:10 10 So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand.
After setting goals
I have come to realize two things in my process of setting goals. One, is that we need to work hard and work smart to achieve our goals. Two it is the Lord who gives us power to achieve those goals.
Our effort is important but not as important as God’s involvement with our goals. consider this bible verse as you finalize your process of setting goals.
- Ecclesiastes 5:3 For the dream comes through much effort and the voice of a fool through many words.
- Matthew 21:21-22 “Truly I tell you,” Jesus replied, “if you have faith and do not doubt, not only will you do what was done to the fig tree, but even if you say to this mountain, ‘Be lifted up and thrown into the sea,’ it will happen. 22 If you believe, you will receive whatever you ask for in prayer.
- 1 Corinthians 3:5-9 What, after all, is Apollos? And what is Paul? Only servants, through whom you came to believe—as the Lord has assigned to each his task. I planted the seed, Apollos watered it, but God has been making it grow. So neither the one who plants nor the one who waters is anything, but only God, who makes things grow. The one who plants and the one who waters have one purpose, and they will each be rewarded according to their own labor. For we are co-workers in God’s service; you are God’s field, God’s building.
- Ecclesiastes 11:6 Sow your seed in the morning, and at evening let your hands not be idle, for you do not know which will succeed, whether this or that, or whether both will do equally well.
Final Thoughts: Bible Verses About Goals
I pray that these bible verses about goals and dreams have inspired you to live a God centered life. The bible says that there is time for everything, time to sow, and time to reap. This is also true for goals, dreams, and plans. There is time to pray for your goals, set your goals, and work on your goals. As you engage in this process I pray that the Lord will show Himself faithful to you in your plans and goals.
For those planning for marriage this year, check this next steps here.