This article will explore how God’s promises are there for us as a source of hope and faith. One of the most important things to remember is that God always keeps his promises. This can be both a comfort and help when facing challenges in life. Especially if you’re a Christian, God promises that we are safe in him, that he will never leave us, and that no matter what happens or how hard life is, there is always hope.
Many people don’t realize just how many of these promises there are. Some people may think it’s old-fashioned to believe in such things today. But if you study the Old Testament and New Testament carefully enough, you will discover that God really does have made many predictions about the world we live in today – predictions that have already been fulfilled!
For this commandment which I command you today is not too difficult for you, nor is it far off. 12 It is not in heaven, that you should say, “Who will ascend into heaven for us and bring it to us, that we may hear it and do it?” 13 Nor is it beyond the sea, that you should say, “Who will go over the sea for us and bring it to us, that we may hear it and do it?” 14 But the word is very near you; it is in your mouth and in your heart so that you can do it.
James 1:16-17. 16 Don’t be deceived, my dear brothers and sisters. 17 Every good and perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of the heavenly lights, who does not change like shifting shadows.
God’s promises are yes and Amen in Christ Jesus.
2 Corinthians 1:20
For all of God’s promises have been fulfilled in Christ with a resounding “Yes!” And through Christ, our “Amen” (which means “Yes”) ascends to God for his glory.
This doesn’t mean they are necessarily easy, for some of them require us to do things that most of us wouldn’t even consider doing, and for which we may need a lot of courage.
2 Samuel 7:28
For you are God, O Sovereign Lord. Your words are truth, and you have promised these good things to your servant.
How many God’s promises are in the Bible?.
In the Bible, there are over 8,000 promises that offer hope and comfort. The Bible is the covenant agreement between God and his people.
The fact that there are so many promises in the Bible proves how much you can trust God because he always keeps His word! Some of the promises are that he will save us and give us eternal life, but others are that he will heal us from sickness or protect us from danger.
Here is a list of God’s promises arranged in different categories to help you find the one that resonates with you.
God Promise To Protect You
When God promised to protect you, He wasn’t playing around. God’s promise of protection is one of the most important promises in God’s word. But do we take it seriously? Do we really believe that God will protect us and keep us safe from anything that might come our way?
Here are some bible verses on God’s promise of protection;
- Psalm 91:10-11 10 No harm will overtake you, no disaster will come near your tent. 11 For He will command his angels concerning you to guard you in all your ways;
- Isaiah 43:2 When you go through deep waters, I will be with you. When you go through rivers of difficulty, you will not drown. When you walk through the fire of oppression, you will not be burned up; the flames will not consume you.
- Isaiah 41:10 Don’t be afraid, for I am with you. Don’t be discouraged, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you. I will hold you up with my victorious right hand.
- Psalms 23:4 Even when I walk through the darkest valley, I will not be afraid, for you are close beside me. Your rod and your staff protect and comfort me.
- Psalm 121:7-8 The Lord will keep you from all harm— he will watch over your life; 8 the Lord will watch over your coming and going both now and forevermore.
- Malachi 3:6 “I the Lord do not change. So you, the descendants of Jacob, are not destroyed.
- Psalm 118:14 The Lord is my strength and my defense; he has become my salvation.
- Matthew 28:20b And surely I am with you always, to the very end of the age.
- Psalm 18:30 As for God, his way is perfect: The Lord’s word is flawless; he shields all who take refuge in him.
- Isaiah 54:17 no weapon forged against you will prevail, and you will refute every tongue that accuses you. This is the heritage of the servants of the Lord, and this is their vindication from me,” declares the Lord.
- Nahum 1:7 The Lord is good, a strong refuge when trouble comes. He is close to those who trust in him.
- Psalms 91:1 Those who live in the shelter of the Most High will find rest in the shadow of the Almighty.
- Psalms 55:22 Give your burdens to the Lord, and he will take care of you. He will not permit the godly to slip and fall.
- Zechariah 2:8 For this is what the Lord Almighty says: “After the Glorious One has sent me against the nations that have plundered you, for whoever touches you touches the apple of his eye
- Genesis 15:1 After this, the word of the Lord came to Abram in a vision: “Do not be afraid, Abram. I am your shield, your very great reward.
God’s Promises For Health And Healing
God’s Promises for Healing is a compilation of God’s promises that He wants to heal us and give us good health. These Bible verses are perfect for anyone who has been diagnosed with an illness or just needs encouragement during a time of sickness. If you’re looking to draw strength from the Word, here is a list of God’s promises for healing and good health.
- Exodus 15:26b “For I am God who heals you.”
- Psalm 91:16 With long life I will satisfy him and show him my salvation.
- Psalm 30:2 Lord my God, I called to you for help, and you healed me.
- Isaiah 53:5 But he was pierced for our transgressions, he was crushed for our iniquities; the punishment that brought us peace was on him, and by his wounds we are healed.
- Jeremiah 30:17 But I will restore you to health and heal your wounds,’ declares the Lord, ‘because you are called an outcast, Zion for whom no one cares.’
- Psalm 41:3 The Lord sustains them on their sickbed and restores them from their bed of illness.
God’s Promise For Those Who Are Tired
God promises rest to those who are tired and weary. We all get there at some point in time, but when we do, God promises us a break from the work that has been weighing on our shoulders. This is not something that just happens after death; it can be experienced here on this earth as well. When we feel overwhelmed by life’s pressures and responsibilities, God promises relief through His Son Jesus Christ.
Here are some bible verses highlighting God’s promise to those who are tired.
- Matthew 11:28-30 “Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. 29 Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. 30 For my yoke is easy and my burden is light.”
- Isaiah 40:30-31 Even youths grow tired and weary, and young men stumble and fall. 31 but those who hope in the Lord will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint.
- Psalm 23:2 He makes me lie down in green pastures, he leads me beside quiet waters, 3 he refreshes my soul. He guides me along the right paths
Promise of Redeption
- Exodus 6:8 8 And I will bring you to the land I swore with uplifted hand to give to Abraham, to Isaac, and to Jacob. I will give it to you as a possession. I am the Lord.’”
Promise of Presence
Psalm 16:11 You make known to me the path of life; you will fill me with joy in your presence, with eternal pleasures at your right hand.
God promises that we will be filled with joy in His presence. Here are some bible verses about God’s promise of presence that you can quote and use in your next devotion.
- Exodus 29:45 Then I will dwell among the Israelites and be their God.
- Matt 28:20b And surely I am with you always, to the very end of the age.”
- Psalm 23:4 Even though I walk through the darkest valley, I will fear no evil, for you are with me; your rod and your staff, they comfort me.
- Exodus 33:14 The Lord replied, “My Presence will go with you, and I will give you rest.”
- Genesis 28:15 I am with you and will watch over you wherever you go, and I will bring you back to this land. I will not leave you until I have done what I have promised you.”
- Revelation 21:3 And I heard a loud voice from the throne saying, “Look! God’s dwelling place is now among the people, and he will dwell with them. They will be his people, and God himself will be with them and be their God.
- Psalm 23:6 Surely your goodness and love will follow me all the days of my life, and I will dwell in the house of the Lord forever.
- Isaiah 41:10 So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand.