You want to break up with your mama’s boy boyfriend, but you’re not sure how to do it. Sure, you’re aware that being upfront is the greatest approach to have a discussion, but are you sure it’s the correct one? After all, he could become upset or angry. You know your mama never raised you to be heartless, so why not try something else before just jumping in with both feet? Here are five ways you can break up that would work on any mama’s boy.
The majority of Couples are reading these books:
1. Take him on a romantic date.
This is definitely not the time to be direct. Instead, take him out on a really nice date and tell him that you’ve been thinking about things and you’ve come to the conclusion that you’re not right for each other. This will soften the blow and make it a little easier to break his heart.
Mama’s boy’s are used to taking their time when ending a relationship so they can be sure not to hurt the other person, so you should expect it just give your mama’s boy some time to process what you’ve said.
2. Make him think that breaking up is his idea.
You just need to plant the seed in his head that breaking up might be a good idea. This can be done in a number of ways, but the easiest way is to start acting like you’re not interested in him anymore. Start pulling away and stop doing the things that you used to do for him. When he finally asks what’s going on, tell him that you just don’t have feelings for him anymore and that’s why you’re pulling away.
This will make your mama’s boy think that he also doesn’t have those same feelings, even though he does. This can really confuse his little mind, which is what you’re hoping for at this point in the game.
3. Keep up the act for a few weeks.
It’s really important to keep up the act, so you need to push through until he finally breaks. If he doesn’t break within three or four weeks you might want to consider option one again and go on another romantic date with him.
You just have to work it out until your mama’s boy is so confused that he finally does the breaking up for you.
4. Ignore him and hope he gets the hint.
This is a very passive way of breaking up with a mama’s boy, but it sometimes works. If you’re not interested in giving him a reason or an explanation for why you’re breaking up with him, just ignore him. Stop answering his calls, texts, or any other form of communication.
He’ll eventually get the hint that you’re not interested in him and he’ll be forced to break up with you. This is a good way to go if you don’t want to deal with him anymore and you just want to move on with your life.
5. Be blunt and honest.
This is the best way to break up with a mama’s boy, but it can cause you to get hurt if he doesn’t react well to hearing the truth. You should tell him exactly what you think about your relationship and why you wanted to break up.
This will make him feel like he lost something and might make him really mad, which is why you don’t want to do it if you don’t have to. But, at the same time, this is the most honest way to break up with someone and it might be what he needs to hear.
No matter which way you choose to break up with your mama’s boy, just remember that it’s important to stay strong and not let him get to you. It’s going to be hard, but it will be worth it in the end when he realizes that he isn’t a mama’s boy anymore and can finally start dating girls his own age.
Characteristics mama boy
There are some telltale characteristics of a mama’s boy that you should keep in mind if you’re trying to break up with him.
He’ll be extremely loyal to his mother, he’ll always put her first, and he might not be very good at making decisions on his own. He might also be a little too dependent on her since he’s never had to get used to making his own decisions.
Mama’s boys are also very clingy and like to be around their mama all the time, so if you try breaking up with him don’t be surprised if he starts following you around everywhere.
Mama’s boys are usually very shy and insecure, so he might also start acting like his feelings are hurt even though it’s nothing to be upset about.
Warning signs of a mama’s boy
There are some warning signs that you can look out for if you think your man might be a mama’s boy.
- If he’s always calling and texting his mother, or if he’s always asking her for advice, then there’s a good chance that he’s a mama’s boy. If he spends more time with his mother than he does with you, then that’s also a telltale sign that he might be a mama’s boy.
- You should really start paying attention to how much time he spends with his mother and if it seems like he never wants to spend time with you. If your man is always going out of his way to make sure his mother likes you, then there’s a good chance that he’s a mama’s boy.
- If your man is always doing what his mother wants him to do, or if he never stands up to her, then you should really start worrying. If he’s always calling her for help with everything, then there’s a good chance that he’s a mama’s boy.
- If your man can’t make any decisions without his mother’s help, then that’s a really bad sign. If he’s always trying to please his mother, or if he’s always trying to make her happy, then there’s a good chance that he’s a mama’s boy.