There are many of us who know the person sitting next to us, but we don’t actually know how well we really know them. We all have a few secrets from each other and in order to know how much you really know your spouse, you have to ask these questions that will help you find out.
Why must I ask these questions?
The list of questions given below is randomly created by experts after they did a survey for about 20 years regarding this matter and most of those couples stated that this is one of the greatest ways to strengthen their relationship.
By asking some random questions which most likely would be not known by others, as well as finding more similarities between two people instead of focusing on differences or fighting over them, it just makes the relationship better than before.
Related Post: Why Newlyweds Fight: 10 Common Causes Of Marital Conflict
Is your partner ready for it?
Before you start asking these questions, make sure that your partner is in a good mood to do so, or else this won’t be as fun and exciting as it sounds. You can ask if they are interested in finding out how well you know each other and if they say yes, then continue with the list below.
Do I have any thing to prepare for this session?
If you don’t want randomness of these questions being asked on purpose instead of mindlessly, you could create some cards with a few questions printed on them instead of doing everything orally. This will allow you to find out which one wants things done more orderly and which one wants things done randomly while having fun.
How many questions they must be asked?
There are no specific rules for that but we definitely recommend you to ask one or two questions daily per partner if possible and if you do this for at least 3 weeks, then your relationship will be better than before.
51 How well you know your spouse questions?
- What’s my favourite color?
- What’s my favorite movie?
- If I was a superhero, what would my name be?
- What is your middle name?
- If you were an animal, which one would you want to be?
- Do I have any tattoo or piercing? If yes, where?
- Where’s the craziest place we took a selfie together.
- What’s my favorite scene in any of your movie?
- whats my favourite youtube chanel?
- What is my favourite song at the moment?
- What kind of car do I own?
- If I could turn into any animal, what would it be and why.
- Can I drive a stick shift?
- How much money do we have in our bank account right now?
- Do you know how to play poker/dominoes or any card game well enough to teach me / someone else how to play them ? If yes, when will u teach me/someone else.
- When am I the most relaxed? Where’s the weirdest place we’ve ever made out (
- Whats my favorite song?
- If I had to choose between you and my cellphone, who would i choose?
- What’s the most embarrassing moment that ever happened at your work place.
- Who was my first crush when I was a kid? And what grade were we in then.
- If you can’t take me out for dinner, where do you want to have our date night instead. You tell me why.
- When is the last time we went on an adventure together?
- Where and with whom do I want to spend my last moments on earth?
- How many relatives do we have? Name them.
- If you could be a vegetable, which one would you like to be and why?
- Do I prefer coffee or tea? How much do I drink either of those anyway?
- What food/drinks do I absolutely hate the most?
- What are my 5 biggest fears?
- Where do I hide money from you?
- If we’re lost in the woods who will lead us out? (Whom would you rather go with while travelling, your partner or a random stranger)
- How often do I check social media during the course of one day?
- What is the most difficult thing for me to do? (can be physical or mental activity)
- Who am I closest to among friends/family members. How close are we, by amount of time spent together per week?
- Who should I get a present for on his/her birthday and why? What are the names of everyone in your family including pets and deceased family members.
- If you had an unlimited supply of money and could give it all away, where would you send it?
- How many people have you kissed before me. Can I name them all?
- Do we fight over stupid things or serious things?
- When one of us does something annoying, what’s the first thing out of your mouth when it happens? What are some of the bad habits that annoys us about each other and how often do they happen. Bonus questions:
- If we were trapped on a deserted island what three things would be necessary for us to have a chance of surviving? What is the most difficult thing that I’ve ever asked you to do for me over our relationship?
- This is probably too intimate but what are my turn offs?
- If we’re in the middle of nowhere and we run out of gas, how much would you be willing to walk in order to find some help or get back home.
- How far are you willing walk if you knew that I was just a little further ahead with everything reasonable packed up into one backpack so there will be no way for anyone to stay behind where they may possibly freeze/suffocate/thirst etc.?
- How often do I go online shopping on average per week?
- What’s the longest you’ve gone without having a drink of alcohol in your life?
- What’s my father’s name, mother’s maiden name, what was their job before they retired. How often do I swear when talking to you and what kinds of curse words.
- What’s my favorite book, movie or television show. Bonus question: Do I have a favorite author? If yes who would it be?
- How many siblings do I have and how old are they all (only include living ones)
- What makes your ideal vacation?
- Has anyone ever had a crush on me or do I have any stalkers right now? If yes, who and why?
- Does anyone else know about us besides you and me that we are here doing this test together while thinking of each other in such an intimate way ?
It’s not a bad idea to have a list of these questions pointed out that you can copy and then add to. You might get some of your friends involved in the process helping them craft their own lists.
A final word: I do give away 100% free access to my most popular articles on this site premarital counseling series.