Prayer for marriage: Marriage is a lifelong commitment that not everyone takes to heart. However, there are many benefits and blessings that come with marriage. Married couples have better physical health, live longer, and enjoy more financial stability than single people or those who cohabit without marrying. This list of 20 powerful prayers for married couples will help inspire you to keep working on your relationship so it can thrive!
If your looking for powerful prayers for healing miracle check out this collection here.
20 Powerful Prayer for Married Couples:
- Lord, my marriage is a gift from You. Help me to remember that every day and cherish it with care. I know sometimes I take my marriage for granted and so I ask You to help me be more appreciative of Your gift. Teach me to be patient with my spouse’s faults, knowing that it is often much easier to see those faults than the positive qualities they possess. Help me speak see those positive qualities and to appreciate all that my spouse does for me. Help me be a better example of Christ to my spouse, both in word and action. In Jesus name Amen.
- Lord you said your word is a lamp for my feet and a light for my path. Help me to live my life as a Christian example to my husband, always striving to be the best wife I can be, even when it is hard. If there are areas in which I need improvement, please give me the strength to make those improvements in order that we may draw closer together in our love for one another. As your word say in James 2:14, “What good is it, my brothers, if a man claims to have faith but has no deeds? Can such faith save him? Suppose a brother or sister is without clothes and daily food. If one of you says to him, ‘Go, I wish you well; keep warm and well fed,’ but does nothing about his physical needs , what good is that?” Please help my love for You be evident in all that I do. Give me the strength to serve my husband and family so as not to bring shame on Your name through an unloving attitude toward those around me. Amen
Prayer for struggling marriages
- Lord my marriage i struggling right now. It feels like we are going through a crisis that is tearing our marriage apart. I come to You right now and ask for Your help in repairing this damage by bringing healing to the wounds I have caused in my spouse’s heart. I know that without You, nothing can be done so I plead with You to bring peace, understanding, forgiveness and love between us.And please Lord help me remember that my marriage is not about me alone but about both of us working together as one and doing everything necessary in order to preserve it for Your glory. Amen.
- Am tired Lord, am tired of this marriage and am almost giving up. Am tired of the lies, deception and lack of trust in this relationship. . Help my marriage Lord. Give me strength to continue even when there seems no hope at all. Improve my love life with my spouse so that we may learn to love each other again.. Thank you for listening God am grateful I know You will help us as long as we seek your divine intervention in our lives Amen
- Dear God; We come before you today praying about our marriage which is suffering from lack of communication and mistrust between us. When challenges arise, please help us to find ways to solve them together instead of finding solutions alone without involving each other. Please surround us with friends and relatives who can guide us through the difficult times we are facing. We thank you for listening to our prayer and we dedicate this prayer to you in the name of Jesus Christ. Amen.
- Dear Father, Please come to our aid and protect us from all evil forces that might try to destroy this marriage. Please help my spouse and myself learn how to resolve conflicts in a love way instead of arguing which leads to more hatred between us. Strengthen our desire for each other so we can be open with each other about our feelings. Protect us against temptations and make it easier for me/us to say “no” when asked by others since we are committed only to each other as husband/wife . We take this time before you oh Lord, thanking you for coming into our relationship and guiding us through difficulties that have threatened the very foundation of our marriage. Our hearts are open right now Oh Holy Spirit Come and heal us.
Prayer for healing after infidelity and betrayal
- Dear Lord Jesus I pray today that You would heal my Marriage, that You would restore the love and intimacy. Help me to forgive my husband for his unfaithfulness. Oh God please guide us through this rough patch in our marriage, – mend our broken hearts and help us to be patient with each other as we try to rebuild trust, respect, love and commitment towards one another. Please help us not to lose hope as we walk through this tough situation together. We wait on you Lord resting on your word in the bible and praying that You will honor our marriage in Jesus name, Amen.
Prayer for conflict resolution in Marriage
- Our heavenly Father, thank you for your presence with us during this difficult season of our lives. Thank you for always being here to help us through all these issues. We know we can count on you no matter what situation we are facing because You said before that nothing is impossible when two people work together as one with the right mind set towards each other . I pray today Lord that my spouse and I would come out of this difficult part stronger than ever before. Help us forgive one another and seek Godly counsel from friends who understand what were going through at this moment in time . Fill my heart with love Lord so that I can love my spouse in a more compassionate manner. God we ask you to strengthen our commitment and love for each other . Amen
Prayer to save a marriage
- Dear Lord, We come before you today and humbly ask for your divine intervention in our Marriage. Please remove all the negative forces that are working against us as individuals and as a couple. Bring back passion into this relationship and plant seeds of love in both of us. Be with us everyday during these troubled times; I trust that You will never leave or forsake me because You promised faithfully that you will never leave my side . I pray for guidance from above, so we can be reminded why we joined hands together on wedding day. Give us the grace to work things out , to respect each other with an understanding heart and do what is right in Your sight . Now most of all help me to forgive my husband for the wrong he mistakenly did against me . Thank You Lord Almighty for taking control of all situations during this trying moment, in Jesus name. Amen
- I love you and I do believe that we can make it through these hard times together if we just keep our eyes on God and never giving up on each other no matter what comes our way in Jesus name I pray …..Amen!
Everyday Marriage Prayer
- Thank you Lord for your blessings and thanksgiving for one another as such a grateful couple. We ask that you continue to bless us with peace and joy so as to keep us happy always after all we sacrificed so much to be together in marriage. Be here with us forever, comfort us when things seem not to go as planned, we ask for your guidance to lead us through this process of matrimony. We know that you have got everything covered in our union so we are confident that there is a bright future ahead, please give him strength and me wisdom as we look forward to be stronger individuals after all the struggles within our marriage. Secure us against enemies outside who seek to tear down our relationship and let them fail because I bind their activities under my feet and command them to be still . We wait on you Lord resting on your word in the bible and praying that You will honor our marriage in Jesus name, Amen
Prayer for Strengthening Marriage
- Dear God , I humble myself before you today seeking your divine intervention in strengthening this marriage. Please help my spouse to trust me more and see how much I love you. I pray that he/she starts to value family as well as the time we spend together as husband and wife. Continue in your divine assignment of building up this marriage, please be with us always remind me of what it means to honor You by being committed to a lifetime relationship with one another . Love is patient, love is kind , do not envy , do not weary of injustice or revenge but continue to do good works towards each other. God we ask you today for healing and total restoration back into our marriage because we know that nothing is impossible when two people work together as one with the right mind set towards each other . We wait on you Lord resting on your word in the bible and doing what we know is right because You are always with us . We honor you in Jesus name, Amen
Share this prayer for marriage and give a couple out there a chance to recover and celebrate healing.
Join premarital counseling for more follow-up.